Do you know our skin is the body’s biggest organ, and it performs many functions?
The skin has three distinct parts:
- The epidermis – the outermost layer of the skin. Its main role is to make new skin cells, gives the skin its color, and protects the body
- The dermis – the middle layer of the skin. It is made of connective tissue, hair follicles, and sweat glands, and contains the blood vessels which supply nutrients to the outer layer
- The hypodermis– the deepest layer and thickest part of the skin. It’s made of fat and connects the skin to the underlying tissue of the bones and muscles. It also provides thermal regulation of the body
Our skin is the primary barrier between the outside world and our vital organs. Taking good care of our skin not only helps us to boost our self-confidence with a more youthful appearance but also defends us from elements that make us sick.
Having regular facial helps my skin defend against the effects of aging. At times when my schedule is busy, it is challenging to fix an appointment in advance. However, I am glad to learn about GLO Glow 2 Go’s walk-in concept; I can now conveniently enjoy a 15-minutes medical-grade technology-based facial treatment without any prior appointment.
GLO Glow 2 Go Programmes
Below are some programmes offered at GLO Glow 2 Go to cater for different skin concerns, at an affordable price of S$28 each:
- GLO Deep
- Suitable for oily skin, blackheads/whiteheads, and clogged pores. Safe for all skin types and conditions
- Using Aqua Peel therapy to remove blackheads, whiteheads, impurities from pores, and aid penetration of active ingredients custom-blended for oily skin and clogged pores. Followed by Cold hammer therapy to calm skin and enhance the skin healing process
- GLO Hydro
- Suitable for dull-looking skin with a tendency to dryness and skin sensitivity
- Using Aqua Peel therapy to hydrate skin with nutrient solutions to deep cleanse the face and softens pores. Followed by Oxygen Spray therapy to infuse moisturizer into the skin to help boost the volume of hydration levels deep inside the skin
- GLO Lifter
- Suitable for aging skin
- Using Radio Frequency (RF) skin tightening therapy to loosen and shed off dead skin cells faster, stimulate collagen, and tighten elastin fibers. Followed by Oxygen Spray therapy to spray highly concentrated molecules of oxygen right into our skin, nourishing our skin and promote glow
- GLO Deep
GLO Glow 2 Go Westgate
I booked an appointment with the Westgate outlet staff before my treatment, so I can skip the ‘queue’ for a beautician, in case the outlet is busy on that day. Since it’s just a 15-minutes facial, Kpo Kia Papa brought Kpo Kia to take some kiddy rides while waiting for me to finish my facial treatment.
I was provided with a shower cap to keep my hair off my face and a disposable spa robe to protect my clothes prior to my session. The beautician ensured that I was comfortably seated by adjusting my chair before she began with the therapy.
The beautician did a quick assessment on my skin and recommended the Aqua Peel therapy for me with a choice between Cold Hammer or Oxygen Spray as a follow-on therapy. I decided on Cold Hammer therapy due to my concern of clogged pores, which turns my treatment into the GLO Deep program.
GLO Deep program
Aqua Peel is a two-step process that cleans our skin and at the same time moisturizes the newly cleaned skin. This trending treatment in Korea is able to get rid of issues such as sunspots, discoloration, and acne. The beautician uses a suction device with an exfoliating water-based gel to loosen and suck up the dead skin, blackheads, and other pore particles along with it. This approach vacuums out the impurities, while at the same time cushioning the skin from any damage and irritation. The vacuum suction is not as strong as I imagine, and the extraction process is painless for me.
Cold hammer therapy can smooth the skin and helps reduce inflamed skin. It also tightens and softens wrinkles, improving the elasticity of the skin. Most importantly, it contracts the blood vessels of our face and improves skin that has been subjected to excessive sun exposure. As this is my first Cold hammer therapy, I was expecting an icy cold hammer on my face, instead, I just felt a slight coolness on my face.
Following the treatment, the beautician helped me apply a layer of sunscreen, and off I go to meet Kpo Kia and papa for our late lunch!
‘No pain, no gain’ does not apply to my facial experience at GLO Glow 2 Go. Immediately after the facial, my skin felt more refreshed and radiant. As pre-empted by the beautician, I can really feel my face to be softer and more hydrated after washing my face in the evening.
I personally find GLO Glow 2 Go suitable for customers who:
- have busy and unpredictable schedules
- do not like to commit to a facial package
- don’t really bother about the additional services in a full-fledge facial session (e.g. eyebrow trimming and massage)
For more information on treatments and services provided by GLO Glow 2 Go, you can read and follow them on:
GLO Glow 2 Go
Operation Hours: Mon – Sun : 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.
3 Gateway Drive #B1-43 (S) 608532
Tel: 6567 5393
Jurong Point JP2
63 Jurong West Central 3 #01-23 (S) 648331
Tel: 6316 9178
3155 Commonwealth Avenue West #03-31 Clementi Mall (S) 129588
Tel: 6694 6001
[Disclosure: This is a sponsored service review post, but all opinions are solely my own.]