My 2023 is a tough year. All the effort for the past year projects does not earned me a promotion (actually, I am more upset about not having the increment that is proportional to my deliveries), over quite a ridiculous reason. I got COVID third time at the last month of 2023, caused me missing out on a lot of precious time for my own personal tasks and more catching up on the already heavy workload.
Things are not going the way I wish it goes, but I survived!
Review and Reflection
Let me cut the complains and review my 2023 progress vs my 2023 resolutions:
- Check Kpo Kia school bag for undone homework instead of depending on her to “confess”. Revised her spelling and 听写 with her.
Side note: Need to research more interesting ways to make her learning less “dry”.
– I would say I am more hardworking this year, but still not consistent enough. Maybe I need to put this under my habit tracker?
- Plan an activity (baking, science experiment, etc?) with Kpo Kia at least once a quarter – to draft out each plan and date by the first week of the quarter.
– What happened to my 2023? I totally missed this out.
- Pack own cooking/food for lunch at least once a week.
– I am definitely more hard working but I’m not sure if I managed to achieved 52 meals this year, another item to add on to my habit tracker.
- Research for recipes that can be prepared in advance and consumed for a few days.
– Ding ding!~ Yes, I managed to do this! Will need to shop for ingredients suitable for pre-cooked soon!~
- Plan in advance on what food to cook for the week and buy them at one go to reduce wastage of time and trips.
– Hmmm…. I am still pretty bad at planning this, usually the earliest I can do is one or two days in advanced, and a lot of time I will change in between, causing me to spent more time cooking than expected. Tsk Tsk. Something to take conscious effort to change.
- Cut down on unnecessary spending, but not ill-treating myself. I need to replenish out-of-shapes clothing and expired items with decent-quality ones.
– I will say I am at least 50% there… Sometimes I still feed myself with expired food, but I started to minimise them and spent more on more suitable sizing food. I rather spent more than create food waste. As for the clothings… arghhh. So hard to get new cloths I like.
- Increase my assets by 5%.
– I guess not spending on unnecessary things like having restaurant frequently and senseless shopping helps. And T-Blls! I love it, good for people who have low risk appetite like me.
- Read more financial management information.
– I think I have been slacking on this ever since John Clang told me I may not try too hard on investment. Probably still good to learn more if I have chance… And that means less binge Netflix/Youtube/Game time~
- Read more on RFID/IIoT.
Possible ways to log them: Share on LinkedIn, Blog them down as notes.
– I lost focus on this as my work project scope changed. But I still got excited when I come across such info. These days I try to spam share on LinkedIn as well 🙂 with information I like to keep as records so I will be able to find them. LOL
- List down all backlogs at beginning of every month. Stock take and archive them except the more important 10 items.
– I need to confess I failed badly at this. Need to focus on 2024!
- No more stress over fancy layouts for my bullet journal. Since I can’t do them the “artistic way” to keep myself motivated, I will go simple – list them down and check off them as soon as possible.
– I thought using the thin/slim notebooks allows me to bring it everywhere, but I overlooked at the fat I will need to combine a few books to have a proper overview, ended up it got so scattered and I sort of give up bujo-in even without the fancy layout.
- Be consistent:
– Spare one day to declutter my stuff every month.
– Spare one day to back up and delete not meaningful photos/files every month.
– Post at least once – every Sunday on IG.
– Post all food logs on XHS.
– Post recipes sharing on IG and Blog.
– Nah. Failed badly too! Probably the only consistent thing I managed to achieve is posting food log on XHS, and posted once on IG at least once biweekly.
My achievement and gratitude for 2023
I have to feel grateful that my family and loves one are still around me. I may not made new friends in current company, but my just realised I had friends of 25 years of friendship from my first job! And a few more great friends who bear with me for over 15 years. I feel blessed. Kpo Kia and Kpo Kia papa are also with me, although there are a lot of times we feel annoyed by each other, we still love each other, that is most important.
Oh yah! I am so overjoyed when I received a direct message from Pan Pacific Instagram account to ask me for permission to feature my post.
It’s quite an old post so I didn’t expected to be featured in anywhere. I feel like this is an recognition after my previous feature in Marina Bay Sands’ 2022 calendar. Although there are other photos which may seem more awesome, I am glad I eventually got featured.
My 2024 resolutions
For my 2024 resolutions, I would like to keep them as achievable as possible.
- Be consistent in:
- Update my Bujo daily
- Social Media account posting
- Overseeing Kpo Kia to do her homework daily
- Work hard means need to play hard right? Doesn’t need to be expensive play. Hope I can:
- Have a family trip at least once overseas
- Found a game I like but will not suck in too much time
- Healthier life:
- Do not gain weight
- Pack own cooking/food for lunch at least once a week – less oil, less fried food
- Apply skin care products diligently
- Use up all my massage package
- Improve my finance management:
- Increase my assets by 5%.
- Keep track of my investment
- Able to afford more allowance for the family
- Improve my knowledge, area to catch up on includes
- Project management
- Able to present myself clearly in speech and writing
- Make my presence more visible
- Do not just repost on LinkedIn, but is able to repost with a thought, or even best, create own posts
- Post on other social platform with content that have more substances
- Share what I learnt on my blog
- Moving forward
- Do not be too conscious of what colleagues complaint about me. Believe in myself, especially when it comes to something I know is good practices, even if it’s not treasurable in the eyes’ of today Gen-Z kids.
- Try not to owe others any flavors, payback is never easy.
- Reflect but don’t dwell in the past.
Sharing my top 9 Instagram photos for 2023! I thought I posted more, but not sure why the last 2 photos looks so similar.