It’s amazing how life goes.
People always say 20s is the peak of one’s life, when you have all the time and energy to chase after the life you want, but I had not been “living” till I am in my 30s.
Yes, I have to admit I pick things up slower than I am in my 20s, mistakes made are less tolerable to others. But I hit quite a number of milestone in getting out of my comfort zone.
See what I experienced in my 30s:
- I managed to go through a ‘Hair for hope’ mission.
- I managed to survive through a few 10km ‘running’ event (sorry to admit I walk them through actually).
- I have attended many media events and come up from my tiny little well.
- I managed to go oversea by myself for a few months, although I’ve been free loader at friend’s place for quite some time, I did ‘venture’ out to tour new places and meet new people by myself.
- I have gone through a wwoofing session – sleep in sleeping bag, washed a boat, built a Hen House, planted some ‘baby trees’ and set up a Hoop-Style Greenhouse
- I managed to change to a new job scope which I had been inspired for quite some time (have to admit I have a lot of room to improve but I am not giving it up like that just like what I had done in the past).
- I managed to survive through my wedding and now I own my own house – with the one who had been supporting me these few years – my beloved Husband Mr. G. ;p
A lot of people might have gone through much more, but I am proud of my own experiences and consider these my achievements. I hope those who have been living in fear like the Past-CF will also pick up your courage and go out to experience life, even if you are older than me. Age does matter but courage matters more – being ‘old’ actually does help me to think twice to be more considerate and responsible for my own action.
2014 is one of the years which I experiences a lot of ups and downs, but I’m glad to have supportive boyfriend/husband, friends, family, and colleagues. I am a lucky one.
It’s also a year when I discover how much I need to improve in dealing with people, how much I fear of losing my loves one, how much I wish that all those around me will be in good health.
Today is 2015, I am looking forward to more exciting experiences to share with everyone, and most importantly, I wish everyone around me, including you, will have a healthy and happy year ahead.
Life is short, so treasure every moment you have.