I truly believe my cooking skill has improved thanks to the Circuit Breaker, or at least, I am now more adventurous in trying out new dishes, since we try not to dine out (we totally got it that Singapore had moved on to Phase 2 because of the economy, not because the COVID-19 condition is getting better), Kpo Kia and papa had to eat whatever I cook. Wuahaha!
Found the Thai Basil Chicken recipe from Youtube, and I decided to give it a try. I adjusted the recipe slightly for our Thai Basil Minced Pork rice based on the available ingredients in my kitchen, end result: Kpo Kia and papa pretty like the dish, and they can finish their portion! *Happy*
(serves 3 pax)
- 3 cloves of chopped garlic
- 2 pcs of chopped shallots
- 300g of minced pork
- A handful of holy basil
- 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon of dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- In a wok over medium heat, add the oil, garlic and shallots till fragrant
- Add in the minced pork, spread out and breaking it up into small bits and allowing it to crisp up
- Add in Thai Basil leave once the meat is 80% done
- Add in the seasoning and stir-fry for a minute or so (original recipe mentioned if you like the dish to comes with some gravy, can add 1/8 cup of chicken stock, but I didn’t since the minced pork already release liquid while cooking)
- Serve with white rice.
I like to serve it with sunny side up eggs to make make the dish more ‘colorful’ and looks like those we bought from outside stores.