Régilait was first introduce to me as “adult milk” and I was very curious on what’s the difference between it and other normal milk. Glad to know that this adult milk which has recently launched in Singapore have all the important nutrition value which every one need, but is label ‘adult’ because it has lower fat in it! It’s good news for me at least now I have another choice of healthy diet drink~
|Demonstration on how soluble is the milk product in cold water (yes! cold water!)|
|Glad to be invited to the media launch… else I won’t be introduce to this awesome milk product range|
Why drink milk?
Milk is regarded as one of the most nutrient-dense foods – with vitamins and minerals such as calcium, it helps to strengthen bones and prevents osteoporosis. Milk not only help to maintain healthy teeth and bones, but also is able to reduce high blood pressure, lower risk of diabetes, colon and breast cancer and improve skin’s health.
The gentle manufacturing process of Régilait milk powder preserves all of the nutritional qualities of the milk, no fillers was added to it nor maltodextrins, thus they can be consider as “pure 100% cow milk”. The milk products has undergone a unique granulation process and dissolve in hot or cold water instantly. I was instantly sold by this as this means I can enjoy the milk any time easily – sometimes I am too lazy to drink hot milk/milo because I did not boil hot water.
Not only can the milk powder be mixed with beverage like coffee, tea or hot chocolate, it can also be used as an ingredient in desserts or dishes. We were taught a few recipe using the milk product during the media launch and I will be sharing 2 of my favourites below, so do read on!!
Currently, there only 4 flavour of product available in most of Singapore supermarket (have listed them down for your convenience too!) – all holding Healthier Choice and Halal certifications:
- Régilait Calorie ReducedThis milk is fat-free and allows controlled calorie intake to help you maintain your weight. For diabetics or consumers with high cholesterol, the Régilait Calorie Reduced helps to restore a balanced diet. One glass of Regilait Calorie Reduced contains only 89 kcal.
- Régilait Calcium Plus
This milk containing an optimal composition of calcium, proteins, vitamin D and phosphorus. Calcium is easily absorbed and becomes well fixed in the bone when consumed.
- Régilait Multi-vitamins
The fat-free Régilait Multi-vitamins contains eight vitamins: A, D3, C, B1, B2, B6, B9, B12. Vitamin A can help you achieve good vision, a healthy immune system and spur cell growth. The B vitamins can help to keep your body up and running, Vitamin C helps to grow and repair tissues in all parts of your body while vitamin D3 improves overall bone health.
- Régilait Low Fat
This milk product contains 14% more calcium and 25% less saturated fat than a regular dried milk. All of the nutritional qualities of the milk are preserved – calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, protein, vitamins B1, B2, B9 and B12. Vitamin B1 and B2 enable the body to use nutrients, vitamin B9 is necessary for normal cell division and replication, vitamin B12 is involved in the formation of red blood cells.
Each products meet different nutritional requirements for different individuals. Although on the tin it’s stated that the product is good for age 1 and above, we were told that it’s most suitable for consumption by ages 3 and above. This is because children below 3 usually need a higher fat content to maintain normal weight gain, and they cannot digest cow’s milk as easily as formula milk. Low-fat milk also usually provides too high a concentration of protein and minerals can stress their immature kidneys.
Régilait milk powder is selling at $22 at selected NTUC FairPrice Finest and Cold Storage:
- FairPrice Finest Bukit Timah Plaza
- FairPrice Finest Marine Parade
- FairPrice Finest Thomson Plaza
- FairPrice Finest Clementi Mall
- FairPrice Finest Junction 8
- FairPrice Finest Zhongshan Park
- FairPrice Finest Bedok Mall
- FairPrice Finest Seletar Mall
- FairPrice Finest Waterway Point
- Cold Storage Novena
- Cold Storage United Square
- Cold Storage Plaza Singapura
- Cold Storage Great World City
- Cold Storage Bugis Junction
- Cold Storage Kallang Leisure Park
- Cold Storage One KM
- Cold Storage West Mall
- Cold Storage Causeway Point
- Cold Storage North Point
- Cold Storage Hougang
- Cold Storage Serangoon NEX
- Cold Storage Jelita
- Cold Storage West Coast
- Cold Storage Star Vista
- Cold Storage Sime Darby
- Cold Storage Parkway Parade
During the media launch, we were glad to taste quite a couple of food prepared with Régilait milk powder. The event also invited Chef Liza from Dancing Chef to do a few demo for us on how to prepare some desserts and cook curry with Régilait milk powder. I pretty like most of the food and will be sharing with you 2 of my favourite recipes here:
- 100g Régilait milk powder (For 1 bowl of 1 litre of REGILAIT MILKSHAKE)
- 930ml Cold water
- 3 tbsp Honey (to taste)
- ½ cup Chocolate powder
- Fill a tumbler with 930ml of cold water.
- Add Régilait milk powder, honey and chocolate powder.
- Mix and shake well with ice.
Curry Ayam Indo
- 1kg whole chicken (cut into pieces)
- 4 medium size cooked potato wedges
- 500ml Hot water
- 1 ½ cup Régilait Multi-Vitamins milk
Curry Paste ingredients:
- 1 packet Dancing Chef Indonesian Curry paste
- 1 packet Dancing Chef Rendang Curry paste
- 3 stalks Lemongrass (cut into segments and smashed)
- 1 knotted Pandan leaves
- 2 Red (Bombay) onions (cut into quarters)
- Marinate chicken pieces with 1 packet Dancing Chef Indonesian Curry Paste, set aside for use.
- Heat oil in a pot; stir-fry the lemongrass, pandan leaves and onions until fragrant.
- Add in Dancing Chef Rendang Curry Paste and the marinated chicken pieces. Toss and mix briefly over high heat. Add in cooked potatoes to cook together.
- Add water and bring the mixture to boil. Lower the heat to medium and simmer for about 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
- Lastly, add Régilait Multi-Vitamins milk and bring it to boil. Lower the fire and simmer another 5 to 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy.
- For 1 ½ cup Régilait Multi-Vitamins milk, combine 150g Régilait Multi-Vitamins milk powder with 1 ½ cup water,
- Régilait is a European pioneer in milk drying and the instantiation of milk powder in the form of soluble granules
Wow, Such a nice post. But for the making of the food inside the glass. I hope that next time you would also have some photos taken throughout on the steps on making the food. But in totality, the milk used was good. I'm looking forward for more articles soon. If you're having some paper works concern, poweredessays promo codes is here to bring you an ease.
This comment has been removed by the author.