Japanese Baked Cheesecake
Estimated Time: 40min + 2-3 hours refrigeration time
Number of Servings: 12 cheesecake bars
- 6-inch square brownie pan
- 120g (4.2oz.) vanilla wafers
- 40g (1.4oz.) butter (softened)
- 200g (7oz.) cream cheese (softened)
- 60g (2.1oz.) sugar
- 2 egg
- 150cc fresh cream (or whipping cream is okay)
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 20g (0.7oz.) butter
- Line the brownie pan with waxed paper or parchment paper.
- Smash vanilla wafers in a Ziploc bag, add butter (softened), and mix well. Press firmly into the brownie pan. Chill until set.
- Preheat the oven to 180C (350F).
- Beat cream cheese with wire whisk. Add sugar, beaten eggs (little by little), fresh cream, lemon juice, flour (sift in), and melted butter, and mix until smooth.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the brownie pan and bake at 180C (350F) for 35-40 minutes.
- Allow to cool to the room temperature and refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Cut into bars.
Followed the recipe but using a round tin so the outcome is slightly different. Haha… for some reason I cannot find my photo anymore, but this is a pretty easy recipe to follow and I like it a lot. Is planning to do another one in near 2018. 🙂