Today I finally get to have my “leave application” approved and I am able to take a break from being a newborn’s mum to attend the “Fresh Christmas with Panasonic Singapore” cooking workshop organised by Panasonic Singapore and omy.sg! Have always been interested in cooking and bakery but always procrastinating, but it didn’t stop me from watching Youtube videos to learn or attending workshop whenever I’m free. This round, I brought mum along with me for the cooking demo.
At the beginning of the workshop, we were introduced on the food which we can learn from the workshop – from appetizer to main course to dessert, all good for hosting a Christmas party.
Here are some of the food we are learning to prepare – Sesame Sauce Salad Dressing, Cinnamon Buns, Glutinous Rice, Black Pepper Roast Chicken with Stuffing (Glutinous Rice), and Steamed Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Ganache. Doesn’t just hearing the names of these makes your saliva drips?
During the workshop, the cooking coach – Mdm Theresa, not only show us how to prepare the various food, but also share a lot of tips on how to get the ingredients done in a fuss-free manner with the few products from Panasonic – Rice Cooker (SR-HB-184), Steamed microwave oven (NN-CS894) and Breadmaker (SD-P104).
Like the way Mdm Theresa conduct the workshop, she try to engage as many participants as possible, getting them involved in preparing the food. When she is aware that my mum does not understand English (yah, baby brain me brought mum along, forgetting that the workshop will be conducted in English although mum does not understand English!), she try to brief us in both English (to cater for the Non-Chinese bloggers) and Chinese (to cater for the one and only audience who does not understand English *touch*).
|Mdm Theresa patiently guiding each blogger helper on how to prepare the food|
|How much glutinous rice can you stuff into a chicken? A LOT!|
|Haha! Mum was volunteered by Mdm Theresa to help in preparing the sesame sauce, which happened to be something she love and eager to go home to try out by herself.|
|Look at the sizzling oil on the tray! The chicken is nicely roasted and I can’t wait to eat it!|
Mum always have a great interest in baking cakes and buns, and she fell in love with the Breadmaker on the spot. I, on the other hand, who is a newly “busy working mum”, find the all-in-one Microwave Oven which comes with the steaming function attractive – with a Microwave Oven that have so much functionality, I have less cleaning to do and a safer kitchen for my dear baby girl (I know I think too far ahead, she haven’t learn to crawl or walk, but in future, I do not need to worry a wet/oily kitchen can become hazard for her).
|Mdm Thersa taught us how to fry onion using the microwave oven! Simple and great tips, and can you see the golden brown texture? It’s crispy and fragrant!|
|Friendly instructor – Mdm Theresa|
|My boyfriend of the day – mum likes him a lot!|
|Every event must have – group photos~ Thanks Panasonic Singapore and omy.sg for the opportunity to attend this awesome workshop!|
Veggie Life Salad Pack
If you have been turning on TV like me, you should have seen the advertisement on Panasonic Veggie Life Salad Pack. It’s quite interesting how an electronic company have decide to expand it’s series of products to … Vegetables?!
Apparently the crops from the Salad Pack are grown in their farm within Singapore, using Panasonic Technology, each type of Salad Pack are specially formulated by professional nutritionists providing us with different focus of health benefits – Nourish Mix provides mainly Vitamin A, Anti-Oxidant Mix provides mainly Vitamin C and Vibrant Mix provides mainly Zinc and Magnesium.
Guess this is inline with their mission statement:
“Recognizing our responsibilities as industrialists, we will devote ourselves to the progress and development of society and the well-being of people through our business activities, thereby enhancing the quality of life throughout the world.”
You can read more about it on: http://www.panasonic.com/sg/corporate/news/article/singaporeindoorfarm.html
|Tried out the Anti-Oxidant Mix, the vegetables are fresh and pre-packed sauce taste just right 🙂|
Recipes of the yummy food~
Sharing is caring, I shall be caring for my readers and share the recipes of the food I learnt in the Panasonic Singapore cooking workshop, hope you all like it. Also, do share with me if you have a better recipes! 🙂
Glutinous Rice (My favourite dish of the day!)
- 300g white glutinous rice
- 40g dried prawns
- 3 dried mushrooms (soaked, shredded)
- 1 Chinese sausage (sliced, microwave for 30secs)
- 3 shallots (sliced)
- 1 knob ginger (sliced)
- 1 stalk Chinese parsley (cut)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp pepper
- ½ tsp sugar
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 tsp light soya sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp dark soya sauce
- 1 tbsp shallot
- Soaked glutinous rice with 2 cups water for 2-3 hrs.
- Cook shallot with 2 tbsp oil on High power in a microwave oven for about 3 mins, till golden brown, uncovered. (Stir-in-between)
- Cook dried prawns on High power for 1 min, next add 1 tbsp shallot oil and cook for another 1-1½ mins, uncovered (using microwave oven to cook)
- Cook glutinous rice, Chinese sausage, mushroom, dried prawns, ginger, sauce and some golden brown shallot together with water, set to delicious mode, next press start. ( stir-in-between cooking time)
- When ready, stir in Chinese parsley and golden brown shallot.
- 1.4 kg chicken
- 1 ¾ tsp salt
- 1½ tbsp black pepper
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tsp dark soya sauce
- 1 tsp light soya sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp ginger juice
- Honey (use for glazing)
- Some oil and sesame oil for brushing
- Wash chicken, pierce skin, pat dry with kitchen towel.
- Seasoned chicken with above ingredients for at least 2 hrs. or overnight.
- Stuff chicken with cooked glutinous rice.
- Brushed chicken with oil, place on rack so as to allow the underside to brown, set to roast chicken pad, next key in weight of chicken, next press start pad. (Turn over at ½ time)
- When ready, glaze with honey.
- 180g butter (room temperature)
- 180g castor sugar
- 200g full cream evaporated milk
- 2 eggs (beaten with fork)
- * 100g plain flour
- * 50g cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp vanillin
- 2 tbsp rum (optional)
- 8” round removable cake tin lined with baking paper (or springform cake tin)
- 80ml milk
- 200g semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Place butter, sugar and milk in a casserole, cook on medium power for 5 mins, stir-in-between. Stir and leave to cool for about 10-13 mins.
- Add beaten eggs and rum into the butter mixture.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and vanillin into a large mixing bowl.
- Pour butter mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Stir until the mixture is well mixed.
- Pour mixture into a lined baking tin.
- Lift the baking tin about 10cm off the table top and drop it onto the table top to remove the larger bubbles. Repeat twice more.
- Set to steam mode # 2 for 55 mins or until an inserted skewer emerges cleanly.
- Cool cake completely in the baking tin before removing.
- To make the chocolate ganache, heat milk in a medium casserole on high power for 50 secs. (Heat in microwave oven)
- Stir in chocolate chips, cook on high power 2 ½ mins., stir-in-between.
- Stir chocolate mixture till smooth and well mix, pour over cake and spread with spatula to cover the whole cake.
- Chill the cake before serving.
- 200g bread flour
- 20g butter
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp milk powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- ½ egg (27g, beaten)
- 110ml cold water
- 1¼ tsp instant yeast
- 20g cinnamon sugar (10g sugar and 10g cinnamon powder)
- 40g dark cocoa chips
- 40g semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp milk
- 3 banana (300g – sliced)
- Add all the ingredients into the bread pan except yeast and topping.
- Add yeast into the yeast dispenser.
- Select menu #8 (Pineapple Bread mode), next press start, display shows 55 mins.
- Remove the dough after 55 mins when bread maker starts to beep. (Do not press stop pad as later you will need to place the dough back to the bread pan to continue baking)
- Roll the dough into a size of 22x32cm. Coat dough with milk and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, sliced banana, cocoa chips and chocolate chips. Start rolling up the dough and cut into 4 even pieces.
- Remove the kneading blade from the bread maker, place the cut dough back into the bread pan, and press Start. (Dough will rise in the bread pan, before it starts to bake – time taken 1 hr 20 mins)
- When ready, overturn onto rack.